- The Evolving Coast (Richard A. Davis Jr)
- an overview of coastal forms and processes
- *The Honey Bee (James L. Gould, Carol Grant Gould)
- senses, communication, navigation, learning, and more
- **Human Diversity (Richard Lewontin)
- the realities of human biological variation
- *Islands (H.W. Menard)
- and atolls, banks, and guyots
I've been highly impressed by Scientific American's popular science books.
Written for the lay reader, they are accessible and entertaining, but
they pack in some solid science. Every school library should have a set.